Hey friends! I’ve missed you. I took a few months off from the blog as I was working on an exciting project with Google, but I’m back!
Our family just got back from a Caribbean cruise for Spring Break and I’m here to tell you that if you’ve been thinking of going on a cruise but haven’t yet – this is your sign.
First I’ll start off by saying that I used to be that person who wouldn’t even consider a cruise. I assumed they’d be overcrowded, the food would be terrible, and the rooms would be small and not a place I’d want to be. I reluctantly booked a European one with my husband shortly after we got married for our “babymoon” and fell in love! I was wrong about everything!
I will say the cruise line matters and I would suggest getting a balcony room to give you some extra space and views. They really utilized every nook and cranny for storage space. Even with our family of 4, the one balcony room works just fine. Our favorite cruise lines are Disney, Celebrity, Princess, or Royal Caribbean. Celebrity is my top favorite for food, Royal Caribbean has the best ships for families. There are always “upgrade” restaurants on all lines but as far as the free dining options, Celebrity was the best in my opinion.
I’m going to share all the reasons why YOU should consider a cruise too:
- A floating city is a fun thing to experience. You don’t even feel like you’re on a boat more like exploring a small city.
- You can visit multiple destinations in one trip.
- They are super easy to plan, all you have to do is show up!
- Everything is very organized and cruises offer lots of options for off-shore excursions from scuba diving to swimming with dolphins, visiting beaches, walking tours, wine tastings, and more.
- You’ll never run out of things to do on the ship. They have something for everyone from casinos to shopping, bingo, trivia, yoga, and more.
- Cruising is very family-friendly. The ships also provide FREE childcare in their kids’ clubs! The kids LOVE spending time in the clubs and it gives parents a break to enjoy all the adult activities.
- Many ships now have water slides, rock climbing walls, mini-golf, and sports courts. This makes for fun sail days.
- Ships have theatres to showcase Broadway-like shows, comedians, magic shows, and more.
- There are so many itinerary options throughout the world to choose from.
- You meet new friends with each cruise. We still keep in touch with friends we’ve met on multiple cruises throughout the last ten years.
If you’re considering a cruise, I would research the different ships to see what best suits your travel needs and sign up for their email campaigns so you snag deals when they post them. Here’s a photo dump of our recent cruising adventure!
My kids already can’t wait for our next cruise. We are thinking of Europe next summer! Want to join us?
- TEN FREE Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Chicago - Feb 15 2023
- My Favorite Holiday Cocktail – Santa Rita - Dec 23 2022
- Wendy’s Just Made Feeding Your Family A Little Easier - Nov 17 2022