If you haven’t been to Hilton Head Island yet, add it to your list of places to visit. Hilton Head Island is consistently named a top island vacation destination in the U.S. It’s located in the low country region of South Carolina and is a short drive from Charleston or Savannah.
Hilton Head Island is known for its beaches, resorts, golf courses, lush greenery, and amazing restaurants. We only had a weekend there, which wasn’t enough time. Now we have an excuse to return – which we can’t wait to do.
There are a plethora of amazing resorts and rental properties to chose from in Hilton Head, but we went with the Westin Hilton Head Resort. I worked for the Westin Brand for a long time and their properties are always consistent in cleanliness and great service. You can’t beat their heavenly beds, either. They have an amazing pool space with lots of activities, a DJ, food and beverage service chairside, along with other eateries with amazing views, and it’s a short walk to the beach.
The hotel was great for families, we could have stayed a the pool the entire weekend. They have cabanas and daybeds for rent, just be sure to reserve those in advance as they sell out fast.
Other popular resorts are:
Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort
There are so many amazing restaurants on the Island you’ll have a hard time choosing between them all. Make sure you reserve a table ahead of time at any restaurant on the island as they fill up fast. They also are quite understaffed from Covid, so most aren’t running at full capacity and there are extremely long wait times. In some places the wait isn’t so bad because you can grab a cocktail at the bar and listen to live music, people watch or take in the views. Here is a list of places we loved and others that were recommended to us:
- The Crazy Crab
- Dock Side
- Skull Creek Boathouse – best views!
- Hinoki – this was our favorite. The inside is beautiful, the service was great, and the food was excellent.
- Salty Dog Cafe
- Santa Fe
- San Miguels
We spent most of our time lounging by the pool and strolling the beach, but there are so many things to do in Hilton Head. Here are just a handful of things we saw and did ourselves:
- Love to golf? They have some of the best courses.
- You can rent bikes and ride along the island.
- Check out the famous Harbor Town Lighthouse.
- Do a nature tour.
- Check out the Coastal Discovery Museum.
- Play some putt-putt at one of the adventure parks. We went to Pirate’s Island Adventure Golf and the boys had a blast.
Have you been to Hilton Head? If so, share your recommendations – I’d love to hear them.
- TEN FREE Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Chicago - Feb 15 2023
- My Favorite Holiday Cocktail – Santa Rita - Dec 23 2022
- Wendy’s Just Made Feeding Your Family A Little Easier - Nov 17 2022