We are approaching Summer and one of my favorite things to do in the summertime is to entertain friends. This summer will be even more meaningful after being in quarantine for months. I can see it now – barbeques, sun and signature cocktails!
Lucky for me, I recently came across Spirit Hub, (intended for a 21+ audience) an online craft spirits retailer that delivers straight to your door in Illinois! You read that right, high-quality craft spirits from independently-owned distilleries that you CAN’T find in stores delivered to your home! And that’s not all, you get FREE shipping when you enter the code: SHIPHOLLY at check out as I am a #spirithubaffiliate. You can thank me later.
Through Spirit Hub’s unique platform you can choose between a wide variety of craft spirits and get full access to the story behind every craft spirit distillery they’ve partnered with along with signature drink recipes, tasting notes and more.
The first up for me was Wheel House Sacramento Vodka, which is award-winning for its sweet and malty savory taste. I combined this with lemonade, lemon juice, and LaCroix Lime to switch up one of my favorite summertime vodka cocktails to showcase first.
Recipe: Summer Vodka Lemonade
- 2 oz. Wheel House Sacramento Vodka
- 1.5 oz. Lemonade
- .5 oz. LaCroix Lime (or Key Lime)
- Mix and serve over ice with a lemon slice – Cheers!
Next up, we have the very tasty Aperol Cosmo.
- 2 oz. Wheel House Vodka
- .5 oz Lime Juice
- 1 oz Aperol
- Splash of soda (or Lime LaCroix)
- Shake vigorously with ice then pour in a martini glass
- A lime twist for garnish
Lastly, my new favorite: The Sparkling Mint
- 1.5 ounces Wheel House Vodka
- .75 ounces Triple Sec
- .75 ounces lemon juice
- 2 mint sprigs
- Add vodka, triple sec, lemon juice and mint into a mixing glass and muddle. Shake over ice then strain in a champagne glass
- Top off with Prosecco
Spirit Hub is hosting virtual Happy Hours every Tuesday and Thursday with different distiller partners via Zoom. You can find more information by following them on Instagram
Enjoy these fun cocktails and I’ll be back sharing more with my next delivery from Spirit Hub!
- My Favorite Holiday Cocktail – Santa Rita - Dec 23 2022
- Wendy’s Just Made Feeding Your Family A Little Easier - Nov 17 2022
- Why You Should Visit Vail In Summer – A Travel Guide - Sep 14 2022