Bourbon is something I’m just getting into. I know it is a favorite to many and I can see why. Bourbon cocktails are delish. Now that summer is upon us and we will be spending a lot of time at home, I wanted to share some of my favorite bourbon cocktail recipes you’re sure to love!
For these cocktails, I’m using a craft bourbon, Dark Door Spirit Of Oak. Dark Door Spirit of Oak is one of the many craft spirits available through Spirit Hub, (intended for a 21+ audience) a new online craft spirits retailer lawfully authorized to deliver straight to your door. Yes, they deliver straight to your door and who doesn’t love supporting smaller independent distilleries? If you want FREE shipping when you order your craft spirits enter the code: SHIPHOLLY at check out. #spirithubaffiliate.
First up is The Bourbon Sour. This is a popular one for its sweetness which compliments the bourbon. Here’s what you need:
- 2 ounces bourbon whiskey* (again, I’m using Dark Door because of the rich tones of vanilla, molasses, and toffee).
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice.
- 3/4 ounce pure maple syrup (or simple syrup)
- Garnish: Orange peel and a cocktail cherry
- Ice, for serving.
- Add bourbon, syrup, and lemon juice to the shaker. Add ice and shake.
- Strain the drink into a lowball glass with two cherries muddled at the bottom. Serve with ice and add an orange peel for garnish. Delish!
The Bourbon Sidecar is a classic cocktail and a must-have!
- 2 ounces bourbon whiskey
- 1 ounce Cointreau
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon simple syrup
- Lemon Twist
- Place all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with a handful of ice and shake until cold.
- Strain the drink into a cocktail glass. Garnish with a lemon twist or orange twist.
Next: The traditional Old Fashioned. My husband’s favorite.
- 1 sugar cube
- 4 small dashes of bitters
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- 2 ounces bourbon
- Garnish with an and cocktail cherry
- Put a sugar cube in a glass and add the bitters. Add water and mash and swirl it with a muddler until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the bourbon and swirl to combine. Add one large ice cube.
- Squeeze a little of the orange peel into the drink.
- Garnish with a cocktail cherry
Want to put a spin on an Old Fashioned? Add some bubbles!
- 2oz Bourbon
- 1/2oz Fresh Lemon Juice
- 3/4oz Simple Syrup
- 3 dashes Bitters
- Ice Cubes
- Add ice cubes to a high ball glass. Pour in bourbon, lemon juice, simple syrup, and bitters; stir gently. Top with champagne. Delish!
Here’s to a lovely summer filled with yummy cocktails thanks to Spirit Hub!