Fall is in full-swing and I’m loving the cooler temps and, of course, sporting my sweaters and boots with leggings. What I’m not looking forward to is the long winter ahead and the dry air that comes along with it! The below freezing temps and strong winds we get here in Chicago can be brutal.
Over the years, I’ve compiled a list of my ultimate beauty must-haves to keep that summer look all winter long. Let’s leave the red chapped nose and cheeks to Frosty, shall we?
Here is a list of some of my favorite things!
- Shiseido: Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Pure Retinol Express Smoothing Eye Mask. I’ve been using these for a few years now – and they are truly amazing. With all the stress of the holidays, family gatherings, political fights at the dinner table (eye roll!), and trying to make magic happen for your kids… ladies, you need to pick a pack of these up. Or, you can find them on Amazon! Your under eye bags will thank you for this quick fix. For long term, you want to go with a great eye cream.
- I don’t know about you, but after summer I always end the season with a little sun damage. Even though I’m great about using SPF, my Irish/Scottish skin can take a beating. Every Fall I give my skin a clean slate by using the premium skin care regimen, Reverse. Reverse tackles the appearance of dullness and skin discoloration to reveal noticeably brighter skin and a more even, younger-looking complexion. I am a brand partner with this company and have been for 4 years, however I would never promote something to my readers if I didn’t used it too – and if it wasn’t 100% amazing.
- I will admit when fall and winter roll around, I do miss that nice sun-kissed look. To maintain a nice, real-looking tan – my go-to is St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse. I recommend using latex gloves when applying and lotion right after to smooth it over. Perfect for those holiday parties where your legs make their rare appearance.
- Speaking of bronzing. HOURGLASS Ambient Lighting Palette is my finishing touch to highlight and give a nice overall even bronzed look to my face for special events.
- If you’re more of a tinted moisturizer gal, Shiseido has a great one I used for years. However, it only comes in 3 shades. If you’re looking for more of a bb cream that is non-cosmetic so it won’t clog pores and has SPF, Radiant Defense is my recommendation. It comes in six buildable shades you can mix and use to highlight/contour. I used Shell under my eyes and beige all over. Find what shade you are here.
- What girl doesn’t need a little dry shampoo in her life? With two kids and a mane to manage, some days I just can’t keep up. Nothing a little dry shampoo can’t fix! My two favorite lines are Kevin Murphy (also has a great finishing spray!) and Living Proof. To be honest, Living Proof is a little easier to blend in with dark hair – but, both are great!
- There’s so many great hair care brands, but to really keep my hair shiny and strong I use collagen powder in my shakes every morning. It is something I added into my health regimen after getting diagnosed with thyroid disease, and I’ve definitely noticed a difference with my hair health since. As always, ask your doctor before adding in any supplements to make sure it’s right and safe for you.
Lastly, if you need some recommendations on what to wear for all those holiday events:
- Top off your beauty routine with some cute earrings from Nickel and Suede! I own several pair. They are light weight and really pop with any outfit.
- Need an inexpensive outfit to be a showstopper at the holiday party? Check out my fav online dress boutique, Saved By The Dress! Some of the items are a little “young” for me, but I’ve bought several cute outfits for events from this site. The customer service is amazing and the quality is great! What more could you ask for? I’m pretty sure I own every romper they have ever sold, too.
Now, what are your favs? Share them with us below!
- TEN FREE Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Chicago - Feb 15 2023
- My Favorite Holiday Cocktail – Santa Rita - Dec 23 2022
- Wendy’s Just Made Feeding Your Family A Little Easier - Nov 17 2022