Since Husband and I are beginning the daunting task of trying to get pregnant again, I have been reflecting back on my first pregnancy. In doing so, I am hoping to pep-talk myself so I don’t chicken out. Isn’t it amazing how women tend to forgot? We choose to only remember the good things. I already shared some of my birth story (see: Push Gifts?), which was in comparison, relatively easy.
Overall, I would say my pregnancy was pretty easy too. However, being the little nugget that I am with a giant husband, my son filled his ‘womb’ pretty quickly with his long legs. Carrying around this basketball player for nine months (it’s actually 10 months- those liars!), definitely took its toll on me some days.
In a quest to prepare myself for round two, I have put together the following list of things I am, and am not looking forward to.
Things I AM NOT looking forward to would include (TMI):
- Peeing on myself when I sneeze, cough or laugh (Ugh)
- Not being able to go poo (yes, women do this too)
- Nose congestion (I think I had a borderline addiction to Afrin last time)
- HUGE boobs that hurt with the slightest touch (or even breeze!)
- Having Husband shave my legs because I can no longer reach them
- Watching the scale climb, and there is nothing I can do about it
- Awkward sex (No bueno)
- Ugly clothes (VERY ugly clothes)
- Waddling when I walk (Stupid round ligament pain!)
- Giving up 9 (10) months of food and drinks I like (I am a foodie)
Things I AM looking forward to would include:
Still thinking……. Oh yes:
- Excuse to take naps on weekends
- All those hormones make my hair and nails pretty
- All those hormones make you have really ‘dirtty‘ dreams. (Sorry Mom. Ladies you know what I am talking about. I would wake up blushing!)
- Feeling baby move (Pretty awesome)
- Hearing the heart beat the first time (Emotional)
- Anticipation and excitement of meeting the person you have already bonded with
- Finally, and most important- the moment they are born. There is nothing more amazing than that moment you hold your child for the first time. It is indescribable, and brings me joy just thinking about it.
I am glad I finished with the ‘things I AM looking forward to’, as the excitement is starting to build. So, who’s coming with me? It is always more fun to be miserable with someone else, right? Now back to baby making.
- TEN FREE Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Chicago - Feb 15 2023
- My Favorite Holiday Cocktail – Santa Rita - Dec 23 2022
- Wendy’s Just Made Feeding Your Family A Little Easier - Nov 17 2022